It seems like the blackout entry that I wrote some time back is missing permanently… probably from a computer crash that happened some time ago. Stupid windows…

Anyway, on the day that we shifted in, there was a blackout! And of all times, when we were showering in the bathrooms! Duh! Thank goodness we were almost done and not stuck halfway in some soapy situation. It took me quite a while to figure my way around. And because I am totally blind at night, I depended heavily on my hands to navigate through all the stuffs in the cubicle. Oh well!

Some hostelites did realise that there were people (my roomie and myself) stuck in the bathrooms, but that was when we were about to get out. Apparently, the blackout triggered some people to get together for a short session of chit-chat until the powerguys came over and flipped the switch on again. Life *does* start after 12 midnight afterall!

It’s been almost 1 week since we shifted in and we could almost see the benefits of shifting into the halls. It means not having to wake up at 6am for an 830am lesson, as well as being able to work as late as we want in the labs… and possibly till the cows came home. Food however, is a call for concern.

Just yesterday, an entremely lousy pack of noodles were prepared and that totally spoilt my mood. So much so that I went to bed straight after dinner cos’ I was full but not satisfied. Oh well! You win some, you lose some. I don’t think I will ever eat that brand of noodles ever again. 🙁 Thank goodness for “fried three thoughts”, else the noodles would have been down the drain.

Meowy is moody today, and I am not sure how long it’ll last. Sigh. Not in a mood to talk about it. So I think I will just talk about other things.

We had Prof K for our lecture today, and I thought his notes were quite well prepared. Actually, I wasn’t sure if it was his notes or the other lecturer’s notes (that he had acknowledged), but I thought today’s lecture was very well organized and well paced. Only thing was that it ended a little too early – but no one was complaining.

And oh, we are going to have a new lecturer 2 weeks later who is going to take us for just 1 lecture. Apparently he’s an adjunct lecturer, so he will be with us only on a part time basis. It’s probably part of the university’s goal to bring industrial knowledge into our books. 🙂

And oh no, we are going to have an additional assignment for this lecturer. Sigh! We are already packed to the brim, especially with a pending assignment that is going to be due in 2 weeks’ time as well as the submission of my research report. This is going to be so stressful! Argh!

And I have also submitted my application for internship with a government agency. Hope that pulls through too because it means additional experience (and pocket money). Heh heh… 🙂

It’s almost going to be 11pm soon and I am still in lab. I kind of enjoy being in lab because I feel that it puts you in a mood for getting things done. Yes, I am quite an “environmental person” – how well I work usually depends heavily on how comfortable I am with the environment. But that does not mean that I am unable to work in noisy places; pretty much like how I enjoy working at Starbucks, which isn’t exactly the quietest of places.

I think I need to do some time management soon. I have lectures tomorrow until Friday afternoon. Still thinking if I can make it for some faculty event tomorrow afternoon during lunch. Rush rush…

Reader's Comments

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: