Apparently, according to sources, Ryan owed some webhosting “a big outstanding payment”, which is probably relative, since “big” is very subjective. Quoting the source (Necroist, a forummer from SGWHT):

Ryan Lin is a customer of mine, and we’ve been trying to get hold of him for the past 3 weeks. He hasn’t been on MSN, his phone is on voicemail, his e-mails unchecked.

He has a big outstanding payment with us. From what I understand he is also part of TheDigitalMovement (thedigitalmovement.org). We’re unable to reach anybody from that group as well. If anybody have any information on his whereabouts, do inform me.

More details can be found at http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=87769#post87769. Frankly, I _don’t think_ Ryan will run away from paying webhosting costs and there’s no proof to say that he’s running away from it, since he supposedly earn $150/hr for his work, which I genuinely believe (does anyone know how much he is charging his clients? Sebestien? Yolk? … ok, Yolk doesn’t read here).

Erm, apparently, the informant is “not able to reach anybody from that group (TheDigitalMovement)”. Oh? I thought TDM has a catch-all address or at least someone is checking the email? But nevermind, that’s another matter.

However, I do find all the coincidences strange. Now I am trying to find out if Necroist is hosting Ryan’s website, which could explain why webzoomr.com is down. Hmm…

1. Su Yuen | October 26th, 2007 at 8:20 am

Nope, Necroist has not contacted anyone from TDM. If you go to the front page, it says to contact suyuen@thedigitalmovement.org for any e-mails and I have not received anything from Necroist.

2. David Chua | October 26th, 2007 at 8:59 am

Hi,

Just to clarify, my partner was the one trying to contact you guys. I believe he tried to contact someone by the name of “Kim”? I myself can’t seem to find any e-mail address on the site.

I must be getting old 🙁

Anyway, although our TOS states that we will suspend customer’s accounts who are late in payment, we generally don’t enforce that if we believe they usually have good reason.

We are not hosting webzoomr.com unfortunately. Webzoomr.com is being hosted by dreamhost, a US-based company.

Hopefully Ryan could resurface again soon. I pray that your cats are well and safe. I used to have pets of my own and I totally understand what you’re going through.

I’m a little worried that Ryan himself could be in some kind of trouble for him to disappear just like that.

3. DK | October 26th, 2007 at 9:28 am

Jean: I think you got enough people to make a missing person report.

Hope your kittens are fine.

4. APLINK | October 26th, 2007 at 10:59 am

Jean, I think this has gone one too long…i also hope your cats are ok, please do the necessary and speak to the POLICE. Ryan is obviously missing…something should be done to HELP him.

APLINK

5. Aen Tan | October 27th, 2007 at 4:07 am

The last time I spoke to Ryan was during PopOut and he mention he will be away from Wed 10 Oct – Mon 15 Oct for some Yahoo event in the states. I asked him to help me get an iPhone and tried calling him on Mon to no avail.

You can try telling this to the police.

6. Simply Jean | October 28th, 2007 at 4:57 am

@David Chua: Thanks. I think your partner was probably trying to contact me, and I think Ryan may be in some form of trouble himself. I’m not sure.

@DK: Yup.. that’s been done. The kittens… are probably gone.

@APLINK: Yes, this has gone on for too long. A police had already been made

@Aen: Hmm.. I handed him the cats on the night of 10 Oct at 11:30pm. Apparently he was online and talking to my partner till 11th night before he mysteriously disappeared. Worse, I handed him a deposit for the iPhone. I think that’s gone too. I heard something about some event, but I thought it was in Malaysia? I might be wrong though…

7. DK | October 28th, 2007 at 7:39 pm

If he is going oversea for some event, then how can he take care of the kittens?

8. Aen Tan | November 5th, 2007 at 9:01 pm

He was tweeting on October 3rd.

Finding solution for better user performance and experience 04:37 AM October 03, 2007 from Hahlo

9. winston | November 14th, 2007 at 8:11 am

if u r tokin abt a maymar guy den maybe i know what happened to him…..he will be back around 9 of april 2008…and he is not contactable until den…………….

10. winston | November 14th, 2007 at 8:13 am

n ya hes not on the run…..

11. David C | November 17th, 2007 at 12:01 pm

So where did he go?

12. GaMerZ | November 27th, 2007 at 2:47 pm

Just to clarify, I contacted Peter Du who is in TDM and as well as my senior in NUS, he also has no idea where he went.

winston: Missing for 6 months without informing or leaving a note somewhere, I would consider it on the run.

13. GaMerZ | November 27th, 2007 at 3:02 pm

or on the other hand, missing is a better word to use here.

14. winston | December 2nd, 2007 at 9:28 am

when hes bk next year around mid of april den u all ask him where he go ba…………jus to telll u all that he is alright,the rest i cant tell much..sori..v fast next year alr…u guys hang on ba

15. sylv | April 11th, 2008 at 6:10 pm

somehow i stumbled upon this post again.. i didn’t mean to remind the past, but it’s already april 2008 now. any news? clues?

16. Cordoba | April 12th, 2008 at 10:58 am

this is so intense. what happened to ryan?? please update with news and clues?!

17. winston | July 15th, 2008 at 10:51 pm

is he back yet??he should be bk alr

18. TC | November 10th, 2008 at 1:41 am

Hi,

I am looking for ryan lin too. On fri afternoon i saw him post up an ad on a local forum, CLUBSNAP selling his camera. I managed to get him on the phone through sms and met up with him physically on the day itself at 930pm at raffles city SC. I was going to buy the camera from him on the spot but he told me he will pass me the full set the next day (Sat, 8 nov), at 3pm JE mrt station.

But he stood me up and i have not gotten any reply from him every since. Apparently he owed a foreign student S$9k as well. And i was not able to get hold of him for 2 days.

Hope this info helps, at least we know he is in singapore. And for those who has money with him, i strongly suggest u make a police report. He isnt up to any good i believe. Btw, 2 more other sellers were tricked by him too.

Have a nice day!

19. JT | December 18th, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Hi,

Right. He is in Singapore..