Sometimes, when I look at the side panel of my blog, I wondered if I shoud place Advertlets on top or Nuffnang on top? It’s really a hard decision because I kind of know who they are (spoke to Ming, but listened to Josh’s presentation, but it was also from Josh’s decision that I wanted to know more about Nuffnang) and in a certain way, but income are more or less the same (although now I’d be receiving less from Nuffnang because I have dropped from Band 6/Band 10 to Band 1, and also less from Advertlets – but I do not know how they count).

AdvertletsNuffnang

I was getting pretty good income from Advertlets during the Li Hong Yi Season because traffic was apparently much higher (about 18,000 hits in that month of July 2007), but I didn’t really benefit much from the traffic because I placed a poll from Advertlets instead of real ads, thinking that Advertlets function somewhat the same way as Nuffnang – that you get selected to place ads instead of having running ads. Oh well, I got a couple of bucks at the end of the day but traffic was really just trailing off.

What I am interested is if bloggers really put this into consideration when they position their ads, or if even Ming or Josh has any comments on this? I would think it would be an every man for his own situation, but I won’t know for sure.

Well, for once, there is going to be a slight change for a while on the side panel. Do watch out for it! 😉

1. Putera Emas | November 1st, 2007 at 11:14 pm

When there are Ads running from Nuffnang, I will put Nuffnang above Advertlets. If not, Adverlets ads will be on top of Nuffnang.

2. Josh Lim | November 1st, 2007 at 11:57 pm

Josh has comments on this 🙂 Anyway, just to let you know, the poll from Advertlets is basically for those that wish to find out more about their blog readers, and it helps us match you with ads.

By default, you can start serving ads almost immediately – just make sure you install either the ads only or polls+ads code. The “poll only” code will of course, never show ads 🙂 It’ll probably go best with the other polls that you have.

Anyway, here’s our reasons why our ads are deserving of your loving care (and how you can earn more from us as well – remember, like that catchy song from the early 90s, you only get what you give):

– Arranging things in alphabetical order is an age old practice that has stood the test of time 🙂

– We’re ALWAYS consistently serving ads. No minimized ads
    from us. Occasionally, default ads are shown but not very often. Try refreshing your blog and you’ll see its quite minimal.

– Your blog earnings are automatically calculated based on where you choose to position our ads. While we can’t reveal the ratio, those with our ads lower down the page (with exception of the 336×280 format which actually works better lower down the page) will definitely earn less, for the simple reason that the placing is less prominent, and it brings less value to a client that way.

– The 468×60 ad probably deserves a place in your blog – there are at least 20 different rotated ads for this format (you won’t see all of these because some are for different countries)

– The 336×280 ad works well after blog posts (like, say before the comments section of your blog). Some advertisers prefer this larger format, and hence if you have the 336×280 format installed, you will get some ads that are not available in other formats.

Cheers,

– –

Josh Lim
    Advertlets.com

3. CincauHangus | November 2nd, 2007 at 12:12 pm

but josh, you serve your “it’s time to earn more with your blog” default ad 20% of the time.. so not really all the time…

4. Jeslyn | November 2nd, 2007 at 1:40 pm

think it depends ba .. since the default ad that shows on my blog is really very minimum … at least i’ve seen it only twice ba … most of the time its Zuji and now Snap fish is on … ;P

5. Sentosa Girl | November 2nd, 2007 at 3:12 pm

Put advertlets on top. cos for nuffnang, you take ages to have ads.

6. Ed | November 2nd, 2007 at 3:59 pm

For me, Advertlets is my obvious choice?

It’s interesting to read Cincau’s comments. How to calculate an exact amount of default ad and advertiser’s ad? No punt intended, but I am really wondering. I never really counted the differences actually, simply I don’t know how to.

But given a choice, I would rather see 20% of Advertlets default ads compared to Nuffnang’s 100% “I Serve Nuffnang Ads” and seriously only Nuffnang’s ad and not product/service ad. For my blog and a few others at least…

7. Josh Lim | November 2nd, 2007 at 5:11 pm

Cincau: Which is why I said occasionally 🙂 The ratio is actually lower than 20%…Ads are not rotated per individual visitor, its per ALL visitors – hence if you see irregular rotation, its because someone else is visiting at the same time, rotating the ad.

On the bright side, we’re serving ads to nearly 80% of blogs right now to at least 5 different countries, just so you know. Eventually, we aim to increase this number, so do continue to grow with us. Let us know if you have any more questions, cheers.

Sentosa Girl, Ed: Thanks for your vote of confidence. We will endeavor to serve everyone more ads!

8. XTRALICIOUS » Blog Archive » What’s 24 hours when Nuffnang took 25 days to reply to my email | November 10th, 2007 at 11:12 pm

[…] and emailed them my feedback.  I did not expect a comment from the founder himself unlike the  personal touch of the Advertlets founder, I did expect at least an email response in […]

9. Is Nuffnang only about money? | The BizWalk | April 27th, 2008 at 6:04 pm

[…] the other hand, Advertlet’s responses are faster, more active and transparent. Advertlets has been able to provide that “personal touch” […]

10. louboutin pas cher.com | April 18th, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I’ve read a few excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking
    for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you set to make this type of wonderful informative web site.

louboutin pas cher.com

11. lipolaser precios argentina | June 6th, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed
    to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they
    plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

12. hay day iapphacks | July 23rd, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am
    a blogger, and I was curious about your situation;
    we have developed some nice practices and we are looking to trade
    techniques with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.