I’m not sure how late my news is, but apparently, M1 broadband has now gone unlimited! That means people can now download all they want, watch youtube all they want, and make as many Skype calls as they want! =)

While this may be good news to most, there is only one thing that I am worried of – reliability. With everyone not caring about how much they can download, everyone will just download at will and this may result in congestion!

This was what I had been getting for the past few weeks – download speeds of 12kbps. Yes, that’s quite pathetic and I had to wait till the cows came home before my gmail starts appearing.

Anyway, as Ridz and Mich were mentioning – it’s only a matter of time that M1 will jump into the unlimited data bundle bandwagon, and the reason they won’t is to provide a service level agreement of a certain download speed. Now that M1 did join in the rat race, it’s likely that the quality of surfing will be affected.

What luck. Wireless@SG is unreliable and now, the other alternative is going to be flooded soon. =(

More information can be found here. Thanks to reader JC for letting me know. 😉

1. M1 Broadband Now Unlimited! at Constructive Deconstruction | December 7th, 2007 at 6:49 am

[…] Thanks to Jean for highlighting […]

2. ard | January 27th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

since Dec’07, network is very very very super slow.
    Anyone made complaint to m1?

3. kenn | March 12th, 2008 at 2:08 am

i is still super slow. i took me 5min to fully load the m1 speed. whad a shame? how can personal broadband take off with this kind of service?

4. rooee | March 12th, 2008 at 10:13 pm

yeah. total shame.
    they call this broadband!?
    they’re happily AND IRRESPONSIBLY telling everybody about their “broadband” service in their ads. Blatant scam.. right here in s’pore. Companies should learn to be more responsible, walk the talk, and put customers as their top priority instead of just claiming what they offer is good.. with their little terms and conditions, and those clauses nicely located somewhere not obvious.

5. catch22 | April 8th, 2008 at 2:05 am

i just bought the M1 1.8Mbps. for the past one week ever since i started using it , the line has always been intermittent. the speed? i go to speedtest.net evrday …it can never go over 250 Kbps. this is a rip off!!!!!

6. Mike | April 18th, 2008 at 8:08 pm

I’ve just got the 512 service and its OK but not great.
    Is there any performance difference between the services or is it just download speed affect ?

I dont download but i’d upgrade if the perforamnce improves.
    Thanks

7. ONG | July 3rd, 2008 at 6:41 am

Ytd , I just bought the M1 1.0Mbps, i did a speedtest.net but the speed was only ard 247kbps (10pm).

I did a speedtest.net at Sunplaze M1 shop (the display set outside for customers to hand on) the speedtest was around 600+ (7pm) .

Today , my speedtest is ard 268kbps (6.30am) So far , No even half of 1Mbps. 🙁

8. lakshmanan | July 24th, 2008 at 2:32 pm

hi
    i got 2 mbps in my home. its working on 11.00 am to 5 pm rest of all other time it hang.

please improve your signal with anti virus scan.

Regards

9. WIl | August 1st, 2008 at 7:28 am

I have the 1.0Mbps, morning is “quite” fine. But night time, it keeps disconnecting ever though the MobileConnection status is still on. I stay in Aljunied. Maybe got no good coverage in night or the traffic is overloaded?

I use wireless@sg (512) and the speed is much much better than M1’s 1.0Mbps. Gosh, I still have 11 months contact to go and no termination or upgrade is allowed.

10. hoeteo | August 1st, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Hi WIl,

I am about to subscribe the good offer 1.0 Mbps but on
    hearing what you have encountered, hm I think I need to
    drop the Idea.

Anyway, thanks for the information, otherwise I never known you had paid for 1 M but getting only one third of that speed. Thats what I heard from others and now
    you had witness that.

Thanks

Teo

11. hoeteo | August 1st, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Should anyone suggest inviting M1’s Staff to check at
    this blog? So be it for feedback and may helps the
    customer in future?

Hum

Hoe

12. m1 is all right | September 26th, 2008 at 11:22 am

In fact M1 broadband isn’t as bad as you guys claim.
    You can see some of the numbers posted at this link

13. Heartlander | June 18th, 2010 at 10:03 am

m1 broadband sucks. it is year 2010 and they still cannot deliver.
    i subscribe to 7.2mps mobile broandband and i can only get abt 2mps every where, anytime i tested.
    have made complaints and all i get is general replies
    that avoid the issues.

they are never capable to provide high speed connectivity and misrepresent to consumers they
    can do so.