I simply hate calling UOB call center. It’s been 20 minutes and I am still on the line listening to their tape which… seems a little out of tune by now. Seriously, I thought they would have digitized everything… but it has this zao sia tone to it as it played:

We thank you for your patience. All our officers are attending to customers at the moment. Please hold, we’ll attend to you as soon as possible.

Apparently, it’s either I am a very impatient person, or they have a warped idea of what as soon as possible means. In the end, the call was picked up at the 25th minute with the entire call ending at the 28th minute. I asked the person on the line if it’s always this difficult to get through, but the excuse came as that this was peak hour or prime time. Then again, isn’t it always prime time whenever I call? Even at 4am in the morning?

Anyway, I’m cancelling all their cards. I’m quite sick and tired of going through this every time I need to inquire on something.

1. DK | January 20th, 2008 at 3:58 pm

The worst thing I got is after around 30minutes of waiting, the system just hang up the phone.

2. alen | January 21st, 2008 at 11:48 pm

I don’t know what’s the problem, but that’s what you usually get.

If you really need to contact them, use the form to send email. They would call you the next day during business hour. This method always work!

3. zeezzen | January 22nd, 2008 at 1:02 am

Yes, UOB is super famous for their long call waiting time. When I was working in UOB previously, I heard a lot of customers complaining about it too. Same thing for SingTel. I had to wait for 20-30 minutes before one SingTel staff pick up my call. Don’t understand why these “BIG” organisation has such POOR customer service.

4. Simply Jean | January 28th, 2008 at 10:23 pm

@DK: oh… then you can call again 🙂 it’s an auto timer to help you save some cost 😛

@alen: hmm… ya. in the end, i left them a message…

@zeezzen: hmm… ya, I don’t understand why too. hmm. perhaps existing customers are no longer as important? or are they assuming that no new customers will call them? i don’t know

5. chris | August 1st, 2008 at 8:59 pm

i will join uob calling centre soon..
    i don’t know what will happen.. but i hope the place is not as bad as you guys say.. scare

6. inbound call centers | February 8th, 2010 at 5:06 pm

It is just sad to know the some call centers of some companies are not effective enough to get their services. Thanks for sharing this.

7. outsourcing providers Philippines | May 20th, 2010 at 11:03 am

Call center companies should really do something to make call handling more productive and efficient for both the agent and the caller. They should either hire more agents so that callers are not kept waiting, or change the way they train agents so they can give better and faster assistance.