There is no train service in both directions from Tanah Merah to Pasir Ris in both directions. If you are heading towards this area, you are advised to:

• Plan for an alternative route
  • Hop on a bus service from Tanah Merah to Pasir Ris
  • Grab a cab (at your own expense, of course)
  • Wait for train service to resume (time to resume is unknown)

It is not known why the train service is disrupted – and I do not think that this will be publicised – however, just note that there will be this disruption until further notice.

1. Heng-Cheong Leong | January 21st, 2008 at 10:40 am

The Straits Times is reporting that the breakdown is due to “a stalled maintenance work train lying between Tampines and Simei stations.”

2. Jzin | January 21st, 2008 at 11:07 am

This morning was bad…they only announced “Services will be disrupted between Tanah
    Merah and Pasir Ris…” BUT did NOT inform that THEREFORE trains going EASTward from Boon Lay WILL be DELAYED. There were no clear info given and people (like me) could have got out of the station and find alternative routes instead of wasting time for the train to come and/or instead of seeing the train come, “oh, darn crowded…cannot get on”, doors close in your face and you still not on the train!!!

ARGH

3. DK | January 21st, 2008 at 11:27 am

I was practicing my American football skill when I transfer train at Jurong East MRT station.

4. Simply Jean » Blog Archive » The Tanah Merah-Paris Ris outage (and the lack of taxis. again.) | January 21st, 2008 at 6:54 pm

[…] service between Tanah Merah and Pasir Ris was broken this morning due to the break down of the maintenance work train. Commuters were unable to carry on […]

5. derek | January 22nd, 2008 at 12:25 am

i was there during the disruption, it was damn crowded there…

6. penguin | January 22nd, 2008 at 12:57 am

lol, i wasn’t affected. I thought someone committed suicide again. luckily wasn’t sial.

7. Simply Jean | January 28th, 2008 at 10:28 pm

@Heng-Cheong Leong: Oh.. hehe.. thanks for the update!

@Jzin: hmmm.. we didn’t experience enough of it to know that there will be more delays šŸ˜›

@DK: *ouch* thank goodness i wasn’t there šŸ˜›

@derek: oh ya… I got one before. was sardine’d

@penguin: hmm.. ya, I was afraid of another copycat suicide