Seriously, what’s the chances of it? I remembered at least one case where a man claimed to be pregnant but it turned out to be a hoax. A search on the net reveal another site or an update of the old site. Male Pregnancy used to "monitor" the progress of the pregnancy until it was reveal that it was entirely a hoax.

However, apparently this case is for real because the man who is pregnant is actually a transsexual man, which means that he was once a she but didn’t get his womb removed. So anatomically, it is still possible for him to be pregnant. Hmm…

CHICAGO – A TRANSGENDER man who is six months pregnant said in an interview aired by Oprah Winfrey on Thursday that he always wanted to have a child and considers it a miracle.

‘It’s not a male or female desire to have a child. It’s a human desire,’ a thinly bearded Thomas Beatie said. ‘I have a very stable male identity,’ he added, saying that pregnancy neither defines him nor makes him feel feminine.

Mr Beatie, 34, who lives in Oregon, was born a woman but decided to become a man 10 years ago. He began taking testosterone treatments and had breast surgery to remove glands and flatten his chest.

‘I opted not to do anything with my reproductive organs because I wanted to have a child one day,’ he told the talk show host. Mr Beatie’s wife Nancy said she inseminated him with a syringe using sperm purchased from a bank.

Now, he said, his size 32 jeans are getting a bit tight and his shirts are a bit stretched.

Nancy, to whom he has been married for five years and who has two grown daughters by a previous marriage, also appeared on the show, saying the couple’s roles will not change once the baby is born.

‘He’s going to be the father and I’m going to be the mother,’ she said. Their marriage is legal and he is recognised under state law as a man.

The couple was shown on video provided by People Magazine, which collaborated with Winfrey on the show, showing the room that will be the baby’s nursery.

Mr Beatie said the little girl was going to be ‘daddy’s little princess’. The couple was also filmed in their hometown of Bend, Oregon, where he underwent an ultrasound showing the baby in his womb.

‘I can’t believe it. I can’t believe she’s inside me,’ Mr Beatie said while watching the ultrasound image. ‘We see her as our little miracle.’

His obstetrician, Dr Kimberly James, who practices in the Oregon town, told Winfrey: ‘This is a normal pregnancy.’ She said Mr Beatie stopped taking testosterone two years ago and his levels of the hormone are normal.

‘This baby is totally healthy,’ she said. ‘This is what I consider a normal pregnancy.’

The couple said they had been turned down by a number of other doctors before Dr James agreed to take him as a patient.

The couple said an earlier attempt at pregnancy failed when he developed a tubal pregnancy, resulting in surgery that removed his Fallopian tubes.

The couple said they decided to go public with the pregnancy because they wanted to control the way the news got out. ‘We’re just going to have the baby now,’ Nancy said. ‘If we have to, we’ll go hide.’

The couple runs a small business in Bend and has some savings, she said. In addition, Mr Beatie is working on a book about his childhood, his mother’s suicide and his life growing in Hawaii where, as a girl, he was a teen beauty pageant contestant and earned a martial arts black belt.

Winfrey called the development ‘a new definition of what diversity means for everybody’. — REUTERS

Article obtained from straitstimes.com on 4th April 2008

1. Ecto | January 28th, 2010 at 5:04 pm

This is NOT a MAN!!! It is a OMG, Pregnant Woman that choses to look like a MAN. Hmmm so it’s a manly looking pregnant woman. Why all the headlines?

2. Joey | January 28th, 2010 at 11:52 pm

If you were born a female and had a sex change,then decided you wanted to get pregnant,doesn’t mean that a man is having a baby. No matter if you had a sex change you can not change the fact you were born a woman and will always be a woman.

3. wondering one | January 29th, 2010 at 12:25 am

who cares

4. Brian | January 29th, 2010 at 1:39 am

Ok this is absolutley insane! If you want to be a man then be a man, if you want to be a women than be a woman. What they are doing is selfish, I understand that they want to have a child, but that decision will have consequenses, like not being able to have a child! I feel so bad for the child, it will be so screwed up in the head! And imagine what it’s social life will be, kids are hard enough on each other as it is, but to have parents who are woman, who say they are attracted to other women, yet both dress as men, I mean come on people! Think of what’s best for the child not yourself. They are clearly insane and setting that poor child up for ridicule, confusion, uncertainty. They don’t deserve a child!!! This makes me furious!

5. KH | January 29th, 2010 at 1:42 am

He is NOT a man. He is a women living like a man. So to publish things like a mon is pregnant is not true. She is a women that looks like a MAN!!!!!

6. willie | January 29th, 2010 at 1:54 am

Let me see, if I take a fertilized egg and plant it in a chimp and that chimp ends up taking it to term can I have a news story published too?

Just because this WOMAN calls HERSELF a man does NOT make her a man…period. This is sick beyond belief and I feel so sorry for this kid.

Enough is enough..end this madness.

7. Dina | January 29th, 2010 at 2:25 am

Abomination! This world is sick!!!!! IF U STILL BLEEVING WELL HELLO…>>>U STILL A WOMAN!!!!! If wasn’t born a man or a woman…>>>U will never experience the true idenity of the gender! A man can never stand the pain of childbirth! ISSUES ISSUES ISSUES!!!!!!!

8. lynn | January 29th, 2010 at 3:00 am

All I can say OMG. Some people are truly selfish in their pursuits. I have learned over the years that just because you can doesn’t mean that you should. Granted it is your life, oh wait a minute, their is another life involved (that of the child)unless you are pro-choice. Two women who became men that have having a child, again OMG!!! sometimes science isn’t so great.

9. Confusion | January 29th, 2010 at 3:15 am

Why is everyone referring to this woman as a man. Although the state has legally declared him a man, a man has a penis, not a vagina, and if you wanted to truly become a man you would of gotten all the body parts fixed. In the passage, it states that she got her breast cut off and glands cut, who is going to breast feed. I am at a lost for words, this world has become so sick,that it make me a shame, they tell our children that they can not say prayers in the school, but they say it alright to except homosexuality in them. Stop always reporting negative news, somethings are better off just left in the closet.

10. digdug | January 29th, 2010 at 3:22 am

she/he dosent deserve the story to be in the news at all. its an abomination

11. Sickofsociety | January 29th, 2010 at 3:23 am

These 2 people are idiots. They are NOT men… they are women with mental disorders. These days people are so afraid of hurting people’s feelings, so you have terms like transgendered men. Absurd! These bitches are crazy, plain and simple. I feel so bad for the kids. The doctors should have licenses revoked.

12. Josh Sickles | January 29th, 2010 at 4:13 am

Why does the media make such a big deal of this? Only women can have babies, this person was born a woman and has all the parts left, so why the publicity.

It is just wrong on so many levels.

13. Susan | January 29th, 2010 at 4:18 am

This so-called ‘MAN’ is a WOMAN. This is the only way IT can have a kid. Now, when its a REAL man having a kid, then I wanna know.. Otherwise, I don’t wanna hear about it. It is ridiculous and insane to even waste internet space on this drivel. ‘REAL’ is defined as born MALE.. with all the stuff that goes with it.. without a uterus.. NEVER female.. ever.. OKAY?

14. Denise | January 29th, 2010 at 4:19 am

She is not a man she is a SHIM
    Hes a woman for gods sake

15. Gerald | January 29th, 2010 at 4:44 am

A real man cannot get pregnant, these so called man wannabe need to make up their mind, they are very confused and can’t decide which sex they are, in they are making being a man as circus freak show.

16. Mary | January 29th, 2010 at 4:53 am

It is sad that it becomes a desperation to have a child in a relationship that is constantly justifying itself. Homosexuals and transexuals want ot appear in a normal and accepted relationship. What these people do not realize is the many children who are so confused from having to endure parents who come out of closets and leave them. There are so many children who have been abandoned by selfish people who want to have children to add to the ones they have confused. I believe gays will get their rights to live the way they want to and will suffer a great consequence for it.

17. Joe | January 29th, 2010 at 4:55 am

So they were straight women who wanted to become gay men. Wow!!! And if I spank my child, SS will come and take them. What are these “people” subjecting these children to, and SS wouldn’t say a word. Welcome to the END!!!

18. Carolyn Shane | January 29th, 2010 at 5:08 am

Sick and twisted. God made women to have babies.

19. JH | January 29th, 2010 at 5:11 am

THis is NOT a pregnant man. It’s a pregnant woman who had her breasts surgically removed and has been taking testosterone injections to grow a beard and deeper voice. It is still a woman. You can’t change a woman into a man by changing physical appearance. I know women who look like men WITHOUT hormone treatment or surgery. Does that make them men? Moore is a WOMAN who dresses like a man, renamed herself, still has feminine equipment, and the media dares to call him a pregnant MAN? Shame on such amateurish reporting. A woman does not become a man just because both breasts were removed and she takes testosterone injections.

20. McLiza | January 29th, 2010 at 5:37 am

There is no such thing as a pregnant man. It’s just an attenion grabbing headline. If you’re born female, you’re a female. If you’re born male, you’re a male. Even if you get a sex change, you still have all the original internal plumming. Enough said.

21. cesar mama | January 29th, 2010 at 6:17 am

They are still women….they will ALWAYS be women no matter what they change from the outside….maybe next year they will want to change to a car…they if the drink oil & gas….they will start the process in becoming a car you know tires, steering wheel etc. too bad for the children that are mixed up in all this…

22. Scejthe | January 29th, 2010 at 6:43 am

These people are the living example of people who refuse to live by the cliche of “you can’t have your cake and eat it too”. Not only were they not happy with their own gender, but decided to be the other gender, yet lacked the “balls” to commit to any one. In essence they are enjoying the best of both worlds. What I find disturbing isn’t their plight for attention but the future of said child. As well all know we try our best to fit in our society as best as possible and look upon our parent for help in our formative years. What message will these two individuals give? Its ok to stick your hands in every cookie jar and people will pay you attention? Seriously? I have far more respect for a transgender person that finally commits to ONE gender. And not be flip flopper when its convenient.

23. Barry | January 29th, 2010 at 6:50 am

Must be a slow news day.

24. Jim | January 29th, 2010 at 7:09 am

Why is this news? Freaks are born everyday, the child should be taken away and given a chance at a normal life with a Mom and Dad, this is SICK…

25. Jimmy4 | January 29th, 2010 at 7:32 am

You are all right about the news issue….
    but the media has turned into a bunch of useless none educative crap that goes around…
    You know what makes this whole thing sick is that these two women …are ‘in love’ and still decided to appear to the world like men …BOTH of them …like i understand one looks a like a “man” and the other one is a woman, fine even if it’s fake that will at least appear normal to the baby’s friends when and if she ever has any….but not only do they decide to become transgender, they are also lesbians and then they want to be accepted as normal….seriusly people What the….???

26. lisakenn | January 29th, 2010 at 8:21 am

Seriously, now…just because one chooses to ACT like the opposite gender, and goes as far as injecting themselves with horomones to look the part, does NOT mean that they are that gender. Unless the sex change operation has taken place, she is still a FEMALE.

Now, I am a firm believer in do whatever you wish in life as long as you hurt no one, but, please, as a media event this insults my intelligence and I am sure many thousands of other people in your viewing audience.

Since we ALL know from a very young age that MEN do NOT and CANNOT ever get pregnant, it is idiotic to assume that the public will buy this as a real story.

The truth is these two are LESBIANS and SHE got pregnant (how matters not) and they are living as men. Are they men? Nope…take out the equipment and add a penis and then voila! no more ability to have a baby.

Now I suppose the media will follow these people around and follow the life of this poor child who will be the ultimate victim in all of this. Hopefully, the parents have more sense than to throw the child on the mercy of the american public, because then all bets are off.

Just look at the comments already. This poor kid doesn’t have a chance at a normal life if the public is involved. Shame on the reporter and editor for allowing this story to print as genuine NEWS. Oh, I forgot, its a free country right….but, just because you can report something, doesn’t mean you should……

27. Olivia | January 29th, 2010 at 8:41 am

I agree with Willie, if this kind of crazy half man half woman parenting continues on the future of this world is going to be so confused no amount of medication will set them straight.

28. Olivia | January 29th, 2010 at 8:42 am

It’s really like they are dressing in human costume. Accept what gender you were born as and make the best of it for Christ’s sake!

29. Sophia | January 29th, 2010 at 8:46 am

I have pity on people who can’t accept who they are and spend their lives trying to convince the world they are something else but to attempt to change your sex is and always will be taboo. It’s just plain demented.

30. Colby | January 29th, 2010 at 10:33 am

I am sorry but seriously, that is just nasty! How confused is that kid going to be? It is sad! Pregnancy was intended for a woman. There is a reason why men cant have kids. This doesnt surprise me that this weird family lives in Oregon. I see people like this all the time. I guess they were just doing what everyone in Portland does. “Keeping Portland weird” as they say.

31. sheila | January 29th, 2010 at 10:43 am

Ok seriously if you are born a female face it you are a FEMALE, if you are born a male you are a MALE. A MAN canNOT get pregnant! I want the media to stop saying pregnant man. It is impossible. You cant keep your female reproductive organs and want to call yourself a man. Ugghh I wish some ppl would get it together

32. Jay | January 29th, 2010 at 11:00 am

What I dont understand is people say wow another man pregnant? In reality their women with female genes, ovaries, hormones etc…? Just the outside looks man. I have nothing against transgender whatever makes them happy is cool… But just the world seem amazed with “a man” is pregant no its a female all her insides r the same… u can change outside but not inside…. But when a real life born “man” gets pregnant wow it up?????

33. Gerry M | January 29th, 2010 at 11:09 am

Why is the press clueless? Let’s talk a few facts. If you say something over and over enough, even if it is a lie, people will believe it as the truth.
    “Another pregnant man? Of, men can get pregnant now, that explains my gut! The garbage of the media is unbelievable. Let’s talk this through. The “men” in the news recently, as on Oprah, were women. They mave have had surgery and cosmetic fixings, but they are still a women underneath. A Ford, with Porsche bumbers, wipers and a logo my friends, is still a Ford! Let’s call it what it is and get over the “mystery” of how a “man” got pregnant. We ain’t that “stoopid!”

34. cesar mama | January 29th, 2010 at 12:12 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ya know I wish the media would quit referring these 2 women as he,him etc… They are still women with a lot of issues..if they want to change themselves into squirels I guess you’ll start calling them squirels, it, animals, too…then maybe they want to be a Jet….they can take petro, and alll sorts of stuff so they can call themselves airplanes & the sad thing about alll of this that the desentize people(hollywood folks) will just go ahead with it…this is a sad & empty world. We’re not going forward we are going backwards…Just can’t wait til the arrival of Someone to set it straight. & when He comes it willl be toooo late…I hope somebody will get to witness those girls

35. Lee | January 29th, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I am absolutely livid about the claims that another man is having a baby. THE MAN IS STILL A WOMAN. This borders on blasphemy. How dare these people choose to be a man and then decide to have a child. If you have the reproductive organs you are still a woman!!!! Get it straight a woman gives birth not a man. You are no more a man having a baby than I am a woman who has a penis. Therapy for the poor soul who believes he is a man who is having a child. I feel sorry for your moral compass and what you will pass on to your child.

36. patti | January 29th, 2010 at 12:57 pm

i think this story is terrible i dont this is right this is a big sin men cant have babies this is the stupidest thing ive ever read face it you faggots you bastard you are not a woman no matter what you do this is very bad god doesnt like people like you this is the devil this is not a miracle from god demon from hell yopu will never be like us women so dont try it burn

37. Janet McCann | January 29th, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Why do they post this crap and then leave it on forever.

38. Zach | January 29th, 2010 at 2:56 pm

This is rediculous! That is not a pregnant man, it is a pregnant woman who wishes she were a man. Why does this crap make news when it is a hoax. Show me a real pregnant man and maybe it will turn my head, but this is crap! It totally goes against the natural order of things.

39. Big Steve | January 30th, 2010 at 2:19 am

He is not a man. He is a woman acting like a man. I don’t mind what he or she does, but why do authors have to muddy up the works by proclaiming that a man is pregnant? It will never happen. If you have the abilityto get pregnant, you are a woman. You can be as touchy-feely as you want, as politically correct as you want, you can support this guy/girl if you want — but why try to change biology. Women get pregnant. Men watch football. It’s in the genes.

40. Kristy83 | January 30th, 2010 at 2:42 am

This is so gross on so many levels! All I have to say is poor kid.

41. Nancy | January 30th, 2010 at 3:01 am

I’m sorry, but if you were born a female and are still female on the inside (i.e. ovaries & uterus) then you CANNOT be a pregnant ‘Man’! I don’t care if they look male on the outside and call themselves ‘men’/’male’. If they were male on the inside and pregnant, then yes they would indeed be a pregnant man. But the two so-called pregnant ‘men’ in the news are not 100% male since they still have the equipment they were born with as females/women. Therfore one simply cannot say that these two are pregnant men. Well, I guess the media can say that and they will/have and they do put somewhere in the stories that these two were born female but changed to male. But their headlines are very misleading in and of itself. But this is sensationalisim (sp) reporting and we have to either put up with it or call them out on it. I choose to call them out.
    Peace and ’nuff said.

42. Patricia Dxon | January 30th, 2010 at 3:03 am

Another one of Satan’s (Meant it for bad but God meant it for GOOD).

This is to Jessica and partner… Dear if you truly wanted to be a man there is NO WAY you would have left your reproduction organs in tact.

GOD meant that you would one day be a mother no matter how badly you said you wanted to be a ‘father’.

Do you understand that you’ve been duped, sold out, messed over by satan and you’re still doing what GOD CREATED YOU TO DO. Get my drift?

Have a “BLESSED DAY”

Satan….you didn’t get the last laugh on this one.

LOve Ya

Patricia Dixon

P.S.: my e-mail address is shown should you choose to respond….

43. William | January 30th, 2010 at 3:57 am

she is not a man. she is a woman with a beard.

44. seasonedqueen | January 30th, 2010 at 4:53 am

Only women can have babies no matter what the press,internet or anyone else calls it men cannot have
    children and that a fact jack just impossible donot have the right plumbing,that’s why they are women who decide to have a procedure done to looke like a man
    BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE PLUMBING

45. jchicago | January 30th, 2010 at 5:19 am

I think we are ALL agreed. Still a chick having a baby no matter how much hair on her face. I mean really, what are they trying to convince people of?