How many of you can remember the good old days of guessing the actual location of where the NDP tickets will be given out and queuing up overnight for the tickets with friends – which made a good catch-up session on top of everything else. Well, now that we have gone e-everything, there’s no need to do so – which meant having to look for alternative reasons for some of us to get together.

Well, the NDP tickets are back for grabs now!

If you would like to apply for those much coveted tickets, you may go to the NDP website at http://www.ndp.org.sg and complete the online application form. Alternatively, you may do so at any AXS or SAM stations as well as CitizenConnect centers at community centres and clubs. If you believe that you will not pay additional toll for calling 1900-numbers, you may also call 1900-112-4311 for preview tickets (meaning the parade with all the fake ministers) or 1900-112-4312 for the actual NDP tickets. You may also key in ‘NDP’ and send this SMS to 76868. You will have the option of applying for packs of 2, 4 or 6 tickets.

This is only open to Singapore citizens and PRs, although you can probably expect some to come up in black markets and eBay. Note that selling your tickets online may bar you from future applications of tickets. The deadline for this is 25th May 2008 and successful applications will be notified by phone between 5th June 2008 and 11th June 2008. If you are going to be overseas, please make sure that you are still somewhat contactable.

THE very first day that electronic balloting for tickets to the birthday bash of the year began, demand has already outstripped supply.

There are just 27,000 seats for the National Day Parade on Aug 9, but 43,000 applications for two, four or six tickets each were received between midnight and 5pm yesterday, when the electronic box office opened, said the parade’s organising committee.

Another 15,000 applications were received for the parade preview on Aug 2.

The tickets – which will be given to Singapore citizens and permanent residents – are free.

There is no limit on the number of times people can apply for the tickets, but only the most recent application is taken into consideration.

The total of 58,000 applications – and counting – is comparable to last year’s first-day count of 57,100.

The organisers have promised to send pulses racing at the nation’s 43rd birthday party, themed ‘Celebrating the Singapore Spirit’.

The Republic of Singapore Air Force’s aerobatics team, Black Knights, and Formula 1 powerboats will add to the Marina Bay party buzz.

One hopeful who wants to get in on the action is teacher Charlene Lin, 24, who applied for four tickets through SMS yesterday.

‘My mother loves the pomp and fanfare of the parade, especially the fireworks,’ she said.

The deadline for ticket applications is May 25, and successful applicants will be notified by phone between June 5 and 11.

Article obtained from straitstimes.com on 18th May 2008 dated 17th May 2008

1. aidah bte mohd zainudin | May 27th, 2008 at 4:17 pm

4tickers

2. Muhammad hasyrul | June 14th, 2008 at 12:05 am

i should get this tickets because i have not see it LIVE before

3. sat | June 18th, 2008 at 8:44 pm

i have not seen it live

4. Lee Wee Sheng | June 24th, 2008 at 11:41 am

I took part in NDP 2006 as support contingent(Navy). But i had never seen it as a spectator. I hope to watch it this year with 3 of my friends.

5. kaithiri | July 9th, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Can i still get the ndp tickets.
    I have never been to ndp shows for so long.
    The last time i went was when i was in primary 5.
    Can i get 2 ndp tickets??

6. Nur Attiyah | July 20th, 2008 at 12:26 am

I want to watch NDP this yr..can i get 2 tix.plz

7. nadziir | July 22nd, 2008 at 9:02 am

i want to watch ndp dis year..bcs i hv long yearned 2 watch it..can i get 3 pls…for my mom n dad to0…

8. Ameena | July 23rd, 2008 at 8:34 am

2 tickets plss! As a singaporean, I have never been to the national parade. Thank you so much.((((:

9. Michelle | July 23rd, 2008 at 4:25 pm

Hey! Can I have two tickets? my boyfriend has never been to the parade before hoping to make it the best bday present. Please thanks(:

10. Najma | July 26th, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Hi I am a singaporean currently staiones overseas with my husband and 2 kids for 3yrs. We have been wanting to catch the NDP show live but the timing wasnt right as we were overseas. This yr we are in S’pore and would love to catch it live. Would like to get 3tkts pls! Thank you.

11. Richard | July 28th, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Hi, My wife and I have not been to the lIVE National Day Parade before. I really hope to get 2 tickets to celebrate our marriage 20th anniversary this year.

Good luck to us.

12. POOVANES | August 6th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

i want tickets to watch NDP .my parents have not watched Ndp live .i and my family would love to celebrate singapore’s 43 birthday .i wish my dream come through.it’s a gift to watch and celebrate in live.

13. poovanes | August 6th, 2008 at 9:46 pm

it’s a gift to watch NDP live. i wish my dream will come true for once.

14. parthi | August 6th, 2008 at 9:49 pm

i love to attend NDP with my love ones.

15. HANI | April 24th, 2009 at 11:06 am

my family and i been waiting for long to watch it alive
    i must get this ticket

16. HANI | April 24th, 2009 at 11:06 am

my family and i been waiting for long to watch it alive
    i must get this ticket

17. FAIRUS | May 15th, 2009 at 4:31 pm

SINCE 9 YEARS I DONT HAVE THE OPPORUNITY TO WATCH THE ACTUAL ONE WITH MY FAMILY. I WISH THAT THIS YEAR I HAVE THE CHANCE TO SEE LIVE PARADE WITH MY FAMILY.

18. June | May 21st, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Anyone know where can i vote for the NDP ticket?

19. alias | June 20th, 2009 at 10:51 pm

for all years i have try to get ndp tickets but it hardly to get even thru the internet or advertisement.

so i hope this time round i cn get atleast 2 ticket to watch dp with my love ones… atleast 2 tickets is enough for me…

20. jun | May 14th, 2010 at 10:28 am

I been participating in the National Day Parade since 1979 – 1982 that when im still single. but today im a father of 4 and i been trying to get the NDP tickets since my elder son age 7 yrs old till now but what i get is only frustration……..
    this year i will try again and my elder son already 17 yrs old. hopefully this year i will be given a chance to see the NDP live at Padang with my family at least i can share my past NDP experiences with my childrens as it was held at Padang on that time.

21. Rasip | May 16th, 2010 at 3:20 am

every year i alwas applt at AXS machine but still never get before… 14 years already

22. Rasip | May 16th, 2010 at 3:21 am

what to do…. im singaporean… but i never get before…

23. Augus Goh S. C. | May 16th, 2010 at 3:44 am

In years 1971 and 1972,I had participated in the NDP.as I was firing the firework at Fort Canning Hill,but was unable to watch live National Day Parade.
    Till today I have not watch NDP live.
    so I hope tis year I able to watch with my family.

Wish my luck ya!

24. ikusi | May 16th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I hope tis is my lucky year..
    Cos for so many year i been try to get NDP tickets by mail
    or even line up for it..
    But i not so lucky to get the ticket of all i been trying..
    So i hope tis year my family will have a chance to watch live NDP even thru we never even see a single live NDP before after so many year…

Thanks And Best Regards…

25. Fatimah | May 16th, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I am proud to be a Singaporean. I will sing the national anthem with pride and joy and say the pledge with loyalty. I will celebrate National Day with peace and happiness. It will be a great honour to be celebrate the day in person as one nation one Singapore.

26. Muhsina | May 17th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I’m a singaporean,but what to do since 3 years i’m trying to get NDP tickets for my family and myself till i didn’t get them and now my son is cring to get the tickets and i wish i will get tickets for my family!