Yes, I am referring to DK – Darryl Kang of Blog2u.sg, i.e. @dk99 on plurk and blog.dk.sg (heh, free plug eh?)

Below is a conversation between DK and another friend. DK is apparently using our (his and mine) friendship to emotionally blackmail me. Well done, DK. Well done.

2/26/2009  1:34:46 AM  Friend: but then, she really feels like disappearing and cannot stand the cold shoulder… been bothering her a lot.
2/26/2009  1:36:28 AM  DK: good lah
2/26/2009  1:36:33 AM  DK: finally taking effect

“good la, finally taking effect”?

Thanks. I now know how you “treasure” our friendship. And to think that I used to like you. I must have been blind.

Asshole.

The moral of the story? When you decide to “teach your friends a lesson” (if you even consider them your friends anymore), you better pray that nothing leaks. DK, your integrity sucks and I look down on you!

Scum.

I gave you a chance to explain yourself, but you threw it away. Hope you are enjoying your dinner.

On the side, I guess this gives me a good closure. For those who knows me and/or knows what had been happening (and for those who really bothered to care), I guess this means that I will stop feeling bad about losing DK as a friend. Despite my various attempts to apologise, talk to him, create conversations and all, DK just treated me as a piece of glass – probably transparent and tempered. Replies to his plurk, asking him for supper also turned onto deaf ears.

And when I asked if we were still friends, he had the cheek to tell me that he doesn’t know how to reply that sms. Not to mention that I’d never forget what he told me when I apologised.

“It’s too late”

Turned out that he was trying to “teach me a lesson” (in pretty much his own words), “it’s time I learn” and whatever crap he can come up with (no offence to chillycraps). For a good 6 weeks or so I felt really bad. People on plurk could have probably seen that. Well, whatever his plan was, it nearly put me into total submission; until of course, I found out what he was doing. Thanks for the emotional roller coaster ride.

Like I said, some friends are worth keeping. Some friends… well, are probably just fiends worthy of exorcism.

And for posterity sake:

“It’s good that it’s taking effect”

“but it’s not time to see her yet”

“whenever she’s in depression, she needs to be taught a lesson”

“I don’t think it’s enough”

“she needs to be taught a lesson”

“good, it’s taking effect”

“I want her to be taught a lesson until she’s ready” (editor: huh?!)

DK, thanks for your words (or rather, sentences) of wisdom. But I think you just pwned yourself, asshole. And stop playing victim. You know what you have done.

1. chillycraps | March 6th, 2009 at 9:46 pm

I really wished you guys could be friends again, but I guess a lot of things are beyond an outsider like me.

2. Princess | March 6th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Toxic friends, u can do without. =D

3. kaypo | March 10th, 2009 at 1:30 am

Why would DK want to do such a thing to you?

4. Eugene | March 10th, 2009 at 10:58 am

Ouch.

I personally have an ongoing vendetta (or cold war) with an ex-colleague. And I understand the feeling that goes in when this kind of situation develops. You are angry, the chest feels heavy, you spend days replaying upsetting events in your head and trying to see where it all went wrong …

It’s very difficult to resolve such matters. Each person is right to his/her way of thinking (sometimes twisted), but the victory typically all comes down to a tally of who has the most social supporters (which can kinda suck).

My 2 cents is to take a deep breathe, and involve yourself in something else to forget this unpleasant episode. It will take a while for the anger to subside, but having a running battle is even more draining, not to mention a total waste of life to appreciate the other positive things that you have in life.

5. Eugene | March 10th, 2009 at 11:01 am

And Princess, I hope your comments are positive rather than snide.

6. At least DK is a trustworthy "asshole"... | ♥ Princessa's Royal Diary ♥ | August 21st, 2009 at 3:23 am

[…] Simpy Jean says, "DK, you are an asshole!" […]