Well, at least the truth is out now and the speculations can stop. It was revealed that the main motive of the take-over of AWARE was that it was perceived to be pro-gay and that senior lawyer Thio Su Mien was alarmed and felt that she had to put everything straight (pun unintended) into perspective.

When the coup happened, everyone was speculating what their motive is. Well, it does seem now that she (they) had been their motives clear and I think everyone can relax and be assured that they are only anti-gay. Phew. Yup, that’s all. It’s just a group of women who are pro-family, pro-women and pro-Singapore who felt that the burden was on them to put things into perspective – that AWARE shouldn’t be… erm, losing sight of their original goal – that is to make sure that women are treated equally.

As a Christian, I see this as a calling. A calling for them to change things for the better. A calling for them to take the burden unto them and carry out what’s right in the name of God; and that because of what they believe in and what they have acted upon as good faith in the name of the Lord, they have received persecution. For this, I quote (from the Bible and also shortcut’d from here) :

John 15:18-21

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you… If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you… because they do not know Him who sent Me.”

And my words of encouragement goes out to them that:

Matthew 5:10-12

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven….”

Then again, Singapore is a secular state. I am not sure if imposing my Christian beliefs unto people is right. Hmm… And I somehow wonder how this will change the perspective of people on Christians. Already, “someone” had been telling me “isn’t this what you all Christians want?” and when we watched a totally unrelated movie, Knowing – where everyone on Earth perished and only “the chosen ones” get to escape apocalypse and start life anew, I was asked “why should you be afraid? they (the aliens/angles/watchacallthem) are one of you anyway? isn’t this the way of the Bible?” Er… . I don’t really think that there is a Christian theme behind this and I did get a little freaked out because of the show.

Duh…

Well, seems like there are some “personal” repercussions to the “Christian” takeover of AWARE afterall. Persecution? Nay. Endless rants of how “we Christians want to take over the world”? Maybe. So… perhaps I am not so comfortable with them taking over AWARE afterall? I’m not sure. However, when they pray to God and seek guidance from the Lord God Almighty, Jehovah Rohi, and march forth under the name of the Lord, Jehovah Nissi and trusting that the Lord, Jehovah Jireh will provide, I hope that God gave them the wisdom of what’s to come and that the Lord, Jehovah Shalom – God of Peace, is with them.

Make love. Not war.

Editor: Having said that, I went on to read news of how the new guards are quite literally, taking over the organization, changing locks, having husbands record everything that was going on, firing more old guards and leaving old guards out of the press conference. Their choice of words, to say the least, was quite… unexpected. Yes, it does seem like… an overthrow.

The start of a new dynasty. Not as… Christian-like as I’d have imagined it to be. Then again, thanks to the new AWARE’s expose of what they considered was damning and sinning on the part of the old guards, people will be starting to search for “spider lillies”, “SG butterfly” and perhaps “Alex Au”? Nay, the last one is famous enough. Oh, as for the EOGM, I think the old guards can might as well forget it. If the new guards want, the number of people they can get to support is enough to drown the old guards. And their supporters. Twice over.

SENIOR lawyer Thio Su Mien on Thursday revealed the key role she played in bringing about the change of leadership at the Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware).Appearing at a press conference called at short notice by some of the association’s new leaders, she said she was alarmed to discover that Aware had lost sight of its original purpose and become pro-lesbian and pro-homosexual.

Dr Thio, 71, a born-again Christian who runs her own law firm, is the mother of Nominated Member of Parliament Thio Li-ann and her nephew, Dr Alan Chin, is married to new Aware president Josie Lau.

She was the first woman dean of the Law Faculty at the then-University of Singapore, from 1969 to 1971.

Introducing herself as a ‘feminist mentor’ to working women, she said she began monitoring Aware’s affairs about a year ago.

Disturbed by what she saw as signs that it was promoting lesbianism and homosexuality, she began urging women she knew to challenge Aware’s attempts to redefine marriage and families.

On Thursday, the new Aware leaders said that they and their families had been threatened and even received death threats, and they have reported them to the police.

Dr Thio said: ‘I feel kind of responsible for these difficulties they are going through, because I was the one who mentored them over the years.’

She said she had been teaching and counselling some of them in different groups for up to 10 years.

She was ‘absolutely outraged’ that a group of women who just wanted to contribute to society are now facing ‘ferocious attacks’. ‘I don’t understand what has become of our people,’ she added.

Source: Straits Times Interactive, http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_367834.html

Article extracted on 24th April 2009

1. Razlan | April 24th, 2009 at 11:48 am

If that is their motive, then it is truly despicable. One should not use another vessel (in this case, AWARE) to advance their anti-gay agenda. They may be acting in the name of God, but their methods are brutal. To me, they are no less than political terrorists.

2. The Singapore Daily » Blog Archive » Daily SG: 24 Apr 2009 | April 24th, 2009 at 11:49 am

[…] Misinformation spread by AWARE’s new Exco is deserving of the sternest rebuke – Simply Jean: Reason for AWARE coup: group was becoming pro-lesbianism – Sam’s Thoughts: More (secret) rallies to support or save Aware – Unbranded Bread n Butter: […]

3. soojenn | April 24th, 2009 at 12:40 pm

So they have finally come out to admit what the intention/agenda of taking over Aware as perceived by the old guard and concerned members. The “pirate chief” to coin, Yawning Bread’s description of this whole episode has finally the guts or cheek to appear? why? is it because Ms Lau is now unable to handle this matter anymore without uttering further lies, and hiding the original instigator?

What a disgrace to Christians in general… making outright lies in public about their intention from the start. Really unimaginable.. lies after lies? Is that what they teach at the COOS, tell lies if it is necessary to protect (hide) your agenda?

If Thio SM is believing that what she is planning to do is “noble” – to save the world from the gays and the homsexuals, that why hide behind a facade and claim to have no agenda. What type of mentor or role model is she? We can have less of such people without an impact on our society.

AWARE is a secular organisation for Christ’s sake. Who does she think she is? God Alimighty herself? rendering judgement? Judgement is reserved for the throne of God on judgement day, not some critter like Thio SM.

4. PrataKosong | April 24th, 2009 at 2:51 pm

I find your views to be incredibly myopic and one sided. So do you agree that AWARE should start ignoring lesbians or transexuals just because they are going against god’s word?

5. PrataKosong | April 24th, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Oh i forgot. Answer me : “What would jesus do?”

6. X | April 24th, 2009 at 2:57 pm

hmmmmmmm
    Aware used to be ‘for women – by women’ right? what will they do when confronted with a anti-gay group? become a champion of gay rights and hopefully that community will rise up and put you back in power?

7. Simply Jean | April 24th, 2009 at 4:25 pm

@PrataKosong: Before I answer that, let me say that if it is God’s call for them to “takeover AWARE”, then what right do I have to be against them? Ok. That was the biblical part.

I personally do not feel that I should shove my beliefs down anyone’s throat, or impose onto people my own beliefs. If I believe that doing something is a sin, then I jolly well keep away from it or face the consequences if I go ahead knowingly. Religion is a very personal thing. Just because my God says something, doesn’t mean that I should go around telling people to do the same thing.

If I see someone doing something against the word of my God, then what moral rights do I have to tell people to stop? Christians may say that I am apathetic, but again, my beliefs are mine, and mine alone.

Of course, if that someone is a Christian, then it is a totally different story.

AWARE is a secular organization, and I think it should remain as what it is. If the old AWARE is really “inclusive and promoting a gay lifestyle”, then I say, let the secular authorities deal with it and keep my moral beliefs (or lack of it) to myself.

I think this answers your question 🙂

Jesus? I don’t know. If I know, I won’t be here 🙂

8. hanifn | April 24th, 2009 at 5:10 pm

I honestly don’t how anyone can come to the conclusion that AWARE is promoting homosexuality. They’ve only ever cited 2 events(taken out of context and without any reason) while AWARE is involved in a wide range of activities.

Showing a gay movie means promoting a gay lifetyle? So does showing a war movie means they’re promoting war?

9. Simply Jean | April 24th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

@hanifn: Well, to overreact is human 🙂 Anyway, I don’t know what’s happen inside either.

10. Slow | April 24th, 2009 at 7:06 pm

The ends never justify the means. To break even one law is to break the whole of the law. You can never fulfill one law by breaking another. By acting outside grace, they have condemned themselves by their own actions. They are now as guilty as any murderer, executioner or abortionist. God have mercy upon their souls.

11. ex reader | April 24th, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Just because you are a Christian, you know what God’s will is?

Please!

Give me a break.

I will not be reading your blog anymore.

12. Simply Jean | April 24th, 2009 at 9:34 pm

@ex reader: wow, that was fierce.

Well, I’d recommend that you read this entry again 🙂 If I know what God’s will is, like I said, I won’t be here. 🙂

13. Blog Reader | April 25th, 2009 at 7:01 am

I applaud your frank attitude to the matter and your courage in supporting what many people would condemn.

However, your views largely stem from your religious beliefs like what you have written and they are in fact not homogeneous with the secular society that we are living in.

Just to quote DPM Teo who had just spoke on the drama surrounding Aware. He said that groups should not force points of views on others, we need to live with others with different views, and on the whole, most Singaporeans are accepting of others.

Personally, I do not believe in exclusion as exclusion will always end up in conflict. Since young, all of us have been taught to treat other people who are different from us with respect. Excluding homosexuals in this Aware case is like blatant discrimination against them.

My point of view is that taking a neutral stance like what the old guards did was best for our secular society.

14. soojenn | April 25th, 2009 at 9:48 am

Jean is perhaps stating her position after being indoctrinated about God’s will? and at the least not imposing them on the secular sociey at larger.

It is people like Thio SM and her likes that are bringing a total disgrace to Christ and apparently they don’t seem to have any sense of remorse or guilt after telling so many lies, from day one. They are still spewing lies even now. How self righteous.

Hanifn – what do you expect from such extremists? They will chance at anything, as an excuse for them to do their “noble” deeds. And as I have said earlier, why the need to lie then,from the start, and hide their true agenda as well as the “pirate chief” Thio SM, so “noble” is their deed? A coward who hides behind the facade until now? and what a pitiful public figure who thinks so highly of herself(her puppets say that Aware is too small for her to get involved directly?). Who gives a f..k if she lectures around the world. I for one will not even think of attending any of her talks, let alone think of her as a “mentor” to women? What a sacrilege? More like a mental.

Apparently they thought that they can keep the public in the dark of their actual motives? Who are they trying to kid, and still crying out foul that they cannot understand the uproar? A VP of DBS cannot understand this? Oh my god and after telling lies after lies.

Secular people are not indoctrinated with the perpetuated lies of Thio AM and her pussy cat gang, and absolutely cannot tolerate a person of supposedly professional, but apparently has low EQ bsides of being a confirmed LIAR.

Who they think they are, the third coming of Christ? they are more like the holocoust.

15. secular | April 25th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

For fundamentalists, the end justify the means. That’s why they are fundamentalist.

16. BettyBoo | April 25th, 2009 at 12:37 pm

you might want to check out what the founders of Aware have to say about allegations on the org being pro-gay:

They have to be all inclusive in their work, therefore they can’t have a religious agenda. Perhaps those with a religious agenda should set up their own organisation?

17. Demon6666 | April 26th, 2009 at 3:42 am

Simple Jean,
    There is no god. Stop lying to yourself BITCHHHHH

18. glass | April 26th, 2009 at 4:10 am

Dear Jean

You’ve written the first blog article that I have seen who is most level headed and I believe represents the bulk of the silent majority.

If anything, this whole aware episode has helped me confirmed that there are many who have used the internet to further their own agenda and these same people like to make statements like many bloggers says so or that the public wants this or that with absolutely no basis of substantiation.

In this postmodernism and relativism age, its hard to take a convicted stand on any matter without having another person accuse you of ‘violating’ their space or right to ‘think otherwise’ and I salute you for making a stand on this issue. And many of those who attempt to demonise the new committee are aggressive, rude and have no respect for the silent majority. They also have an agenda (now that their silent ally of the old aware exco has been revealed) to create even more distraction from the real issue why the new exco is around – the real reason being the activist homosexual agenda!

Please ignore the posts of the very rude posters and the many who have chosen to degrade into name calling and silly conjectures. The fact is also many have looked at the whole saga in a very very naive manner – concentrating more on the way the takeover was done rather than the why. This is the reason they are focussing now on the so called ‘unethical but legal’ way of the takeover rather than trying to understand the ‘why’.

As a parent, I am concerned about having aggressive homosexual elements in this organisation. What more they are seen as the preeminent women’s and mothers organisation. Even if I am not a parent, I am also concerned. I have seen these people OPENLY display their affections for each other in other countries and let me tell you it is not a nice sight. Why is it not a nice sight? Well, not because I am not used to it, its because its just not natural. And you don’t need a Christian to tell you that.

As to your personal question about your personal belief – let’s all not be naive to think that we as a person can selectively remove parts of our beliefs with our daily living. So you are entitled to continue to believe in your beliefs and act on them accordingly. And as a Christian, love, grace and mercy must wrap all your actions. We account to God for our actions, let those who intend to deviate account to them for theirs.

Thanks for being a refreshing view on the blogs on this issue. I wished more of your kind will come out and post.

19. Blog Reader | April 26th, 2009 at 5:34 am

Dear Glass,

Ask yourself…

Why do you want to impose your religious beliefs on others? Are we in a Christian fundamentalist society?

The government adopts a live and let live attitude towards homosexuals. Why are Christians like you unable to do so?

Why do you want to encourage discrimination and hate towards homosexuals? Why do you want to create so much rifts in our harmonious society?

Is it just because you are scared that your children will become homosexual and they are an unpleasant sight?

I’m sorry to say this but it is very narrow-minded of you.

20. glass | April 26th, 2009 at 9:49 am

Dear Blog Reader

You are typical of many who ask questions with a view to solicit the sort of answers you want. I refuse to answer them because you jolly well know that my answers will create an unwarranted strings of never ending arguments.

This issue of homosexuality is not a black and white answer, your slant of questions is just trying to draw me into a meaningless discourse with you. I’d rather spend my energies on sorting out the real problems this group of people face and get on with life than answer your loaded questions.

Thank you.

21. piper | April 26th, 2009 at 10:39 am

dear glass,

i suspect the only reason you say jean’s post is “level headed” and representative of the “silent majority” is because you agree with it. (note i am not saying jean’s post isn’t – i just think there was little thinking on your part)

also, if you are a majority and you want to be silent, then don’t expect people to know what you are thinking or feeling.

you say that “This issue of homosexuality is not a black and white answer” yet earlier you also said “Well, not because I am not used to it, its because its just not natural. And you don’t need a Christian to tell you that.”

so it’s not black or white but it is definitely not natural. maybe you ought to think about it a little more.

as useful as your gut is, how it feels isn’t the best determiner of truth.

22. Julia | April 26th, 2009 at 11:31 am

God’s will???!??!Who define God’s will?stop using God’s will to justify the takeover by that group of conservative,backward CHristian women.

We have moved on progressively, the point of them trying to impose their so called straight views on general public is already a shame.

Lesbians are women too, we love like everyone does, they can be your colleagues, your friends, your family members. Those new yet OLDISH aware people should be ashame of their acts

23. glass | April 26th, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Piper

You need not suspect – I do agree with Simply Jean post. Only because it shows a genuine sincerity to help our way ward friends. Get real – why are the homosexuals having so much problem being accepted? Because people don’t want to accept their disgusting behaviour – full stop. Don’t you get it – if it was something natural, it would have been accepted without any problems like a man having sex with a woman. The problem is not the person, but the way the person is going about trying to prove that it was ‘natural’. The silent and long sufferring majority is there – its just that the aggressive group of homosexuals refuse to respect that silence but rather keep engaging in highly provoking actions.

Again, like Blog reader, you are your type are always out to poke holes at other people’s post – taking phrases out of context and jumping to conclusions and the bad habit of labelling.

Like Blog reader, I will also not bother to respond to your every statement about my post. It would be more helpful if you and your type change your style of engagement to find a common acceptable solution to handle this problem that our homosexual friends have, instead of resorting to bashing my beliefs and making general statements of anything and anyone who is a Christian.

Your type are not interesting in finding a solution to the problem, you are just fanning the already volatile situation. I sincerely hope that the authorities, for the sake of continued level headed discussion, will come down hard on seditious and defamatory claims and allegations made both online and in the print media.

24. Blog Reader | April 26th, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Glass,

I’m sorry to hear all your nonsense sprouting from your homophobic mouth. Your inability to answer to our queries just prove one basic and fundamental point which is that your biased opinion is based on no logic or substantial ground.

We get it. You are a homophobic person and that is the only reason you can come up with. You are simply disgusted by homosexuals. Point noted.

However, i do agree with you that the authorities should come down hard on people who want to destroy the peace and harmony of our society.

25. glass | April 26th, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Blog Reader

There you go again – you’ve written nothing and added nothing constructive in this thread – all you’ve done is ask loaded questions and put labels on people.

Proved my point – enough said.

26. Blog Reader | April 27th, 2009 at 1:12 am

Glass

I am sick of debating with homophobic people like you who have nothing substantial to prove.

Ok, you win. You have written very well and added loads of constructive wisdom to this thread.

27. We Are Aware | April 27th, 2009 at 8:59 am

Hi all, http://www.we-are-aware.sg is a site set up by the old guards of AWARE.

There seems to be lot of support in cyberspace, but we dont know how many of those voices will be attending the EGM.

It would be great if all of you who are intending to come to the EGM and supporting the old guards could register on http://www.we-are-aware.sg, so that we can keep you informed of what to expect at the EGM, dos and don’ts/ etc. It will also help us plan and organise the logistics for the day, and to make sure that the event goes as smoothly as can be expected under these circumstances.

From our viewpoint, what is really at stake is the space for a diversity of views in our cosmopolitan, pluralistic, multiracial, multireligious and multicultural society. The continuance of an all-inclusive and secular AWARE depends on YOUR VOTE.

We hope that you will make the time to attend the EGM and vote for the old Guards.

28. glassy | April 30th, 2009 at 12:15 am

With no end in sight and the saga continuing to this Sat’s EGM, and among all the allegations from both sides and the real issues being totally sidelined, it pays to be reminded that ultimately, AWARE should remain a women’s group promoting and safeguarding women’s rights in Singapore.

The issue (I think we cannot call it a “right” as yet, at least in Singapore’s present context) about homosexuality has been blown out of proportion and should never have been the singular, headline hogging topic that it is now. Whether one accepts homosexuality has a lot to do with one’s beliefs and values. And can anyone be sure that the new guards have stated that they are up to make AWARE an anti-gay organisation? A person may express her stand against homosexuality as a lifestyle as per her beliefs but does not persecute the homosexuals.

It is amazing to read how some like to think themselves as being progressive and modern and freely label others as being homophobic, oldish, backward etc.Can you not post your comments without resorting to name calling?

Dear Glass – I am with you. You are right in not being drawn into Blog Reader’s unconstructive comments.

29. watcher | May 1st, 2009 at 6:48 am

Mmmmm I think you all should watch this really good documentary on Okto called Taboo. It shows how in some parts of the world our ideas on sexuality takes a different stance and what we deem well “taboo” is accepted.

End of the day, it’s not so much about religion but about cultural beliefs. What I can say is you might not like some things that exist but you cannot deny it is there in other societies. One example near to home would be katoeys or ladyboys in Thailand where it is accepted as according to Thai Buddhism, there are 5 genders and not only 2 and how due to the wheel of reincarnation, ladyboys are individuals who have committed sexual transgressions in their past lives.

Religion aside, it is a culturally accepted thing there in the land of smiles, are we too going to hijack their lobby groups and turn it into a “sin” under “our Christian God”?

30. Blog Reader | May 2nd, 2009 at 5:49 pm

Actually, I was not the only one who was name calling. Who was the one who labeled homosexuals as ‘disgusting’ and ‘aggressive’? These name callings from Glass obviously made me think that Glass is homophobic. Isn’t that common sense?

Putting the homosexuality issue aside, AWARE should remain a women’s group promoting and safeguarding women’s rights in Singapore. I do agree with your statement.

However, Josie said she wanted to help women tide over this economic downturn, but the first thing she did as Aware president is to fire the center’s manager, a woman.

If you know the Singapore pledge…to build a democratic society built on justice and equality. Where is the equality when the new exco deliberately left out exco members from the old guards?

These two points alone show one thing. That is Josie does not really care about women actually. So how can we support the new exco if they don’t really care about women?

31. Blog Reader | May 2nd, 2009 at 5:57 pm

To Jean,

I quote from what you have written “I am not sure if imposing my Christian beliefs unto people is right.”

How would you feel if i am a Buddhist and I impose my Buddhist beliefs onto you? How would you feel if i am a Muslim and I impose my Islamic beliefs onto you?

Of course it is not right to impose your religious beliefs onto other. We are in a multi-religious and multi-racial society don’t you know?

I think it is time you commented on some of our views here.

32. Blog Reader | May 2nd, 2009 at 6:11 pm

To Glassy,

Sorry for your little discrepancy in your comment but I only used ‘homophobic’ in my name calling. I am thus wondering where your ‘oldish’ and ‘backward’ came from.

Also I don’t like people to put words into my mouth. I never said that I think myself “as being progressive and modern and freely”. I think balance is key to a safe and harmonious society, not tipping the scale onto either side.

So please don’t put words into other people mouth and do name calling on other people yourself.

33. Ian Chia | May 2nd, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Someone asked, “what would Jesus do?”.
    Based on the reactions and comments generated so far, I think if Jesus would come back today, they would brand him a terrorist, religious extremist, bigot, demon-possessed and crucify him again.

34. Blog Reader | May 3rd, 2009 at 2:12 am

To Ian

No, I disagree with you. People who use his name as a shield to support their own actions should be the ones who should be crucified.

35. Another Blog Reader | May 4th, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Bottom line is the battle of the AWARE cha bors has been settled. So “shut up and sit down”. :p

36. Bean | May 5th, 2009 at 12:59 am

Hi, I just chanced upon this blog and like to share my view. I’m a Christian parent, have peers that are lesbians and gays who are very nice people and contribute much to the economy. I don’t despise them; in fact I respect them for their contributions. As a Christian, I am uncomfortable with the way the new guard took over. Yes, it is an act of conspiracy and seems to most people they came with a religious motive. But if what they cited about the pro-homo/lesbian activities is in fact true, then there is a cause for concern. Christians or other wise, I’m sure majority of Singaporeans do not wish our kids to be instilled with the wrong value that gay and lesbian relationships are ok. As Glass mentioned, we don’t need a Christian to tell that this is un-natural. If the old guards are not pro-gays/lesbians, and are truly pro-family, then why would they choose to showcase such movies? Why would they choose to support the repeal of Section 377A of the Penal Code in 2007? Wouldn’t it be better if they would just quietly provide support to troubled lesbian women? To Hanifn: showing a gay movie does not mean promoting a gay lifestyle, but it indirectly acknowledges that it is OK to be gay. If the broadcast of such movies over charity events are deemed noble, and our kids are taught in school of such values, then what would Singapore become in the years ahead? Wouldn’t our government’s pro-creation plan and hard work cum money be thrown into the drain? AWARE old guards can start off with filming one or two movies to begin with, but if no one stood up to voice their concern, or if more lesbians become members and influence its direction, what kind of AWARE are we shaping? What pro-family are we talking?

We respect gays & lesbians and they do have their certain rights, but the majority of Singaporeans still believe it is not natural; therefore it should not be encouraged openly. Thank you!

37. Bean | May 5th, 2009 at 12:59 am

Hi, I just chanced upon this blog and like to share my view. I’m a Christian parent, have peers that are lesbians and gays who are very nice people and contribute much to the economy. I don’t despise them; in fact I respect them for their contributions. As a Christian, I am uncomfortable with the way the new guard took over. Yes, it is an act of conspiracy and seems to most people they came with a religious motive. But if what they cited about the pro-homo/lesbian activities is in fact true, then there is a cause for concern. Christians or other wise, I’m sure majority of Singaporeans do not wish our kids to be instilled with the wrong value that gay and lesbian relationships are ok. As Glass mentioned, we don’t need a Christian to tell that this is un-natural. If the old guards are not pro-gays/lesbians, and are truly pro-family, then why would they choose to showcase such movies? Why would they choose to support the repeal of Section 377A of the Penal Code in 2007? Wouldn’t it be better if they would just quietly provide support to troubled lesbian women? To Hanifn: showing a gay movie does not mean promoting a gay lifestyle, but it indirectly acknowledges that it is OK to be gay. If the broadcast of such movies over charity events are deemed noble, and our kids are taught in school of such values, then what would Singapore become in the years ahead? Wouldn’t our government’s pro-creation plan and hard work cum money be thrown into the drain? AWARE old guards can start off with filming one or two movies to begin with, but if no one stood up to voice their concern, or if more lesbians become members and influence its direction, what kind of society are we shaping? What pro-family are we talking?

38. nike cortez red and white | May 1st, 2014 at 2:21 pm

ones utility belt embodies a small group of musicians together with your used watches linen also with carnelian, Faience and even soapstone. ones decorated drops happen to be emerge a craze together with diamonds and even triangles. The placed image of the dictator embellishes each party of the utility belt. A treasure pendant is invaluable for each jewelry variety. it’s available in different designs and styles as though bib, training collar, Choker, Matinee, ie, piece of string, are used to help. so you see, it is vital to create a basic getting to know your ovals well before seeking out Pearl pendant.
    nike cortez red and white http://www.restaurantechaonativo.com.br/airjordan.asp?p=3555

39. Get More | June 16th, 2014 at 1:43 pm

liquid smoke Reason for AWARE coup: group was becoming pro-lesbianism » Simply Jean

40. that guy | June 16th, 2014 at 1:43 pm

electronic cigarette starter kits Reason for AWARE coup: group was becoming pro-lesbianism » Simply Jean