Editor: You know how we always talk about fine prints? Well, here, we rather talk about bold prints! Look out for the bold prints below to stand a chance to win for yourself $200 cash + vouchers! 🙂

I have had a long history of changing phones every other year – not because I am a phone fashionista, but really some times the phone that i have seem to fail just a day after their warranty. Of course, I have to admit that it’s not always through – and that’s because I secretly want to have the coolest gadget in town (but a broken phone is nonetheless a better excuse) 😛

INQ Mobile Phone series

INQ Mobile Phone series

It was brought to my attention that a new phone may soon be visiting the shores of Singapore. Apparently, a phone that’s been released by INQ Mobile is going to be the new kid on the block – if it does land here. Unlike other phones that comes with the standard applications (including those that we do not normally use), this series of phones are marketed as – if I may call it, a 2.0 phone.

You see, it comes packed with applications that can connect you to the different social networking sites – Facebook, MSN (now Windows Live Messenger) and Skype and collates everything into a nice interface from which you can access your accounts from. At the same time, it also allows emails to be pushed to you while you are on the go. I have not used a Blackberry before, but that sounds pretty close to one.

Now, some might wonder what’s so great about that, and probably think that these applications are readily available on the Internet for download. Well, the truth is, I am still running Fringo for Skype on my mobile and it just doesn’t quite feel like the real thing. I have not used the INQ Mobile phone series, but the interface does look yummy! 🙂

Of course, that’s not all. The series of INQ Mobile phones do come with all the bells and whistles – GPS, a 3.2MP camera and of course expanded memory. The built-in 3G/HSDPA modem will also allow the user to surf the Net not only on the phone, but on his laptop as well. While not specifics have been give, I am thinking that it’s probably going to be a modem connection over Bluetooth; although I am not discounting the possibility of a modem connection over USB. However, what seriously shocked me was the standby time.

A whooping 329 hours standby time, and 324 minutes talk time.

This is almost equivalent to 16 days of standby and over 5 hours of talktime! Now, that’s something I know that my current phone can’t beat. I really can’t wait to get my hands on one to see what it’s really made of.

Bold prints!!!

So, here’s what I am going to do. I am going to get INQ Mobile to know that we know what they had been doing behind our backs and we want them to bring the phone in to Singapore (at a really low price, I hope). So, if you could also join me to tell them what you like about their phones, I’d also give you a chance to win *$100 CASH and $100 shopping vouchers*.

It’s really simple. All you have to do is to leave comments after this post on what you like about the phones. From here, I will get them to take note that there’s really a demand for them to bring their phones in. Well, at least enough to go around 😛 And to make sure that you really get a really good chance of getting heard (and winning that $200 cash and vouchers), you may want to twitter/plurk/facebook/MSN the following phrase:

I have discovered a new phone on @simplyjean! Go check it out and you may win $200 cash + voucher! Details at http://pea.to/inqsj #inqmobile

Well, having a phrase like this makes it easier for me to track that it’s from you (else any other phrase may not be easily searched); and don’t forget to include your Twitter ID, Plurk ID and Facebook URL so that I will also be able to keep an update of where you helped to spread the message.

Also, please leave a valid email address so that I can contact you when you win the $200 cash + vouchers. And no worries, no one else will know about it. This reminds me of a contest that I ran some years back. The winner didn’t leave his email address in the comment box and I had a hard time trying to look for him. It’s a pity that I couldn’t contact him in the end.

And because time is really tight and I don’t want to leave you hanging for too long, I will close this contest at 11:59pm on the 14th September; which means you will know if you are a winner by the 15th! That’s cool, isn’t it?

Speaking of which, I might just have another surprise for you… Heh heh…

So hurry, there’s only 1 week left! Go forth and spread the phrase! 🙂

And oh, here’s the fine, fine print… this contest is only open to Singapore Citizens and PR. No discrimination here, but it makes it all easier for the prizes to be awarded 🙂

1. Ariel | September 8th, 2009 at 8:52 am

Cool! ^_^

2. Ferlyn | September 8th, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Not only i can access MSN, i can also use Facebook and Twitter!Of course I think weight is very important and INQ phones are slim and lightweight! Its just like a portable computer!

3. Lyn | September 8th, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I do not know what’s twitter. Have heard of them but never tried them yet. But the idea of being able to see my facebook and MSN messages direct on my mobile, I am keen to learn to twitter too! Phone looks good too.

4. Aaron Peng | September 8th, 2009 at 11:42 pm

With InQ, I’ll be able to facebook whenever i’m awake now instead of checking my facebook only when i’m on my netbook/desktop.

Being able to MSN on the go means that i’m always connected to my friends (if they’re on that is) and that’s never a bad thing to have~

Say goodbye to my current phone~

5. BengHock | September 9th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

leave the iphone iNdoors, get your InQ, it’s the Inthing

6. Cheryl Er | September 11th, 2009 at 3:03 pm

This is so damn awesome! Owning a INQ would mean having all means of communication and a touch to all social media!

It feels like “Love at first sight!” Everyone, both the young and the old, would love to have one of these stylish phones! t has easy access to the functions and it is affordable as well! (:

Whats more amazing than this?! A portable stylish phone that does wonders!

7. charu | September 11th, 2009 at 11:24 pm

InQ sounds perfect to me s a businesswoman carrying from home. It will mke my life tons times easy in mking my internet work easy to handle from anywhere.

8. Ling | September 12th, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Hello, great post! I was so tempted to get one for myself when I read your post!

The first wow- factor that attracted me was the arty farty design of the box! Even the packaging was so unique and colourful. It certainly changed my perception of a mobile phone- its not just an object to chuck aside when you don’t need it, but it’s something to be admired and cherished. It’s a piece of art.

What I loved most about INQ Mobile Phone was the practical applications and prices that are not sky rocking high as well! Personally, I spend an average of 8 hours on the internet each day- frantically checking emails, chatting with friends over msn, selling things on ebay, facebooking. I could save so much time and effort on checking different websites since INQ stores all of them in one inbox! My life is much more organised with these applications. That’s really incredible!

INQ has the “looks” and “functions” all in one! I think I have fallen deep for it~

9. Mango Tan | September 13th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Hi! The first thing that caught my attention was the phone’s box actually. Its colors are so vibrant, feisty and full of character! Similarly, this phone is splashed with bright and playful hues which are just screaming for attention. It reminds me of MTV and all things fun. I think it’s very hard to find a phone that is both cute and functional simultaneously. This phone does a perfect job!

10. Anh Thu | September 14th, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Wooh! Nice and handy hand phone! Now I do not need to carry my laptop everywhere to Skype with my siblings overseas or to stay in touch with my friends on Facebook or MSN. It is definitely a new essential accessory that no one should hesitate to get, especially a girl who is always on-the-go like me 😀

11. And the winner for the INQ Mini 3G contest is… » Simply Jean | June 9th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

[…] Do you remember this contest? We have a winner […]